Monday 28 April 2014

Brendan Dawes

Brendan Dawes is a self confessed button pusher and collector. He delivered a lecture and I would say it was my favourite out of all the Unit X talks. I could write about all the things he showed us but the most relevant I feel is The Happiness Machine. It is another examples of the "The Internet of Things" as it physically communicates data from the world wide web. When the button is pushed, a little receipt is printed off displaying a tweet containing the word "happy". I cant remember if it was selected from just accounts that Brendan is following, or all Twitter accounts, but you get the idea.
Brendan said the reason it works so well is because the receipt is small and can fit in the palm of your hand, making it personal and special. You can put it in your wallet, give it to a friend or stick it on your notice board. This is a really interesting concept that I would like to explore further.


The Happiness Machine from Brendan Dawes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment