Saturday 10 November 2012

Colour Task 1st-5th October


This week we were given the task of creating a colour wheel with gouache paints. I had never used gouache until now but they were really lovely to work with. We were asked to specifically buy Designers Gouache in the following colours: Spectrum Yellow, Azure Blue, Bengal Rose. These shades created a really vibrant and bright pallet.



We were also given the following words which we had to mix colours from: Fox's Back
                           Pebble Dash
                           Bluebells
                           Mushy Peas
                           Peacock Blue
                           Badgers Back
                           Elastaplast Pink
                           Corset



We then created colour studies from a piece of work of our choice. I used a mixed media piece I did on the Liverpool trip. I enjoyed this exercise as it really made me focus on the proportion of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment