Thursday 16 January 2014

Body Adornment/Distortion

The live brief I have chosen is to create a piece of jewellery for Urban Outfittters. I looked at distortion in unit x last year and I wanted draw on those ideas for this brief. I want to explore jewellery as a form of structure added to the body so that it ties in with my personal project. The following artists have adorned or distorted th body in some way. 
Naomi Filmer creates unconventional pieces for areas of the body that we dont usually decorate. I like the fluidity of her pieces, how they respond to the curves of the body.
Akarte creates humuorous composiitions by usually covering or adding to the face and head.
Lucy & Bart create these interesting images that verge on performance adding unusual materials to the body. They use the body as a canvas, sometimes adding shape and structure in unusal places changing what expect from the form of the body.
Naomi Filmer

Akatre
Lucy & Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment