Monday 2 February 2015

week 16 26th-30th Jan







This week I have been back on the laser cutter this time to experiment cutting out perspex pieces to fill in the space of the expanding designs. I am really pleased with this technique and it creates interesting forms by holding the surface in place. There is lots to explore with this technique, scale, shape, colour, other materials, so am keen to get going. These samples could fit a variety of contexts. The sculptural quality could lend itself to body adornment, jewellery, interiors and installation, all by varying the scale. Inserting the elements could make it an interactive piece.

I have also been trying out some new designs on the laser cutter, translated from my drawings of pattern in the environment. I was keen to see if I could create something that has movement like my previous work, which it does slightly, however I think this is idea is purely aesthetic. I really enjoyed doing something different and will continue this strand of work, exploring pattern.

Below is an image I took this week. I kind of forgot about this area of my practice, as pattern, rhythm and repetition in the environment is really what started this project, and I haven't been regularly collecting images. Going into Unit X I will keep this process going through out the project as it fills me with inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment