Monday 2 February 2015

Week 3 6th-10th oct

Rubber cord joined together

Machine piping using clear pvc and silicone tubing

Yarn tassels inside pvc tubing stitched together
Following on from my sample exploration last week, I have continued to play around, joining materials together in different ways, creating 3D forms. The top image is a light rubber cord, stitched together using thread, with pvc beads in-between. I like how unpredictable and chaotic this material is. Stitching it together brings some order to it.
The middle image is a machine stitched piping sample using silicone tubing and clear pvc. It was difficult to get through the machine as the pvc kept sticking. However I like being able to see the stitch through the clear pvc, even if it is messy.
The bottom sample is yarn tassels pulled inside pvc tubing, stitched together. I am interested in the contrast between the hard and soft materials, bright vs monochrome, skinny vs matte. I want to explore tassels further and see what else they can be made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment