Monday 2 February 2015

Week 4 13-17th oct







This week I have been thinking about Order vs Chaos whilst sampling. I cut up a rubber hose I had and stitched the pieces together at the base to try and create some order, but the top I left loose to keep the natural movement of the rubber. This pieces could be applied to the body as possibly as piece of jewellery or something more conceptual.

I have been investigating how to create a surface without a solid grounding and thought Macrame could be a good technique to try out. Kim in my tutorial group is also interested in this technique so this week we did a quick Macrame workshop using a tutorial Kim found in a magazine. Instead of tying knots in the yarn I decided to use pvc tubes to hold the plastic cord in place. This worked well an I even found that the sample could expand and contract which is something I am also interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment