Tuesday 16 September 2014

Internship with Sara Sboul- Week 1


My first week was both fun and exhausting mainly from adjusting to a new city and temporary home. I met the other three other interns; Sarah, Bee and Rochelle. I worked on the production of the current collection as well as sampling for the new collection. The current collection has a couple of stockists in Japan that send over orders. I learnt how to use a pattern to cut out fabric, how different fabrics react to being pinned down. I was mainly working with chiffon's, satins and organza's. I leant a new technique I had never heard of before called punch embroidery. I really liked the process, found it therapeutic and enjoyed the rhythm of the technique. I also learnt how to quilt fabric on the machine, using paper guides. The quilted panels would be used to make up the bags format the current collection. I spent time embellishing the panels with ribbon and lace, which required a high attention to detail and patience. When stitching down ribbon I found it was really important to try and keep as close to the edge as possible as to not pucker the ribbon.

A good first week and looking forward to the next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment