Friday 19 September 2014

Internship with Sara Sboul- Week 2

I had a good second week and felt like I was settling into the studio. I continued with the punch embroidery samples. They will be tacked onto some of the bags in the new collection. I also got started on some appliqué samples working from Sara's illustrations. Her drawing's have a lovely expressive quality, and are inspired by still life paintings and ornament she collects. The appliqué work was on a very small which was tricky but good to practice working in so much detail. I spent time quilting with PVC to make up panels for the shopper bag toile. I love the effect of quoting with PVC. It has a lovely shine where the light catcher and looks very candy like. I'm looking forward to seeing how the bag will look made up.

Another good week. I am learning a lot and enjoying London life.









No comments:

Post a Comment