Wednesday 13 February 2013

Colour Palette Dilema

I am really not happy with my colour palette. I feel that it no longer relates to my current work with the 100s&1000s. My original colours were inspired by my sunset moodboard, but I havn't explored that idea any further. Working with these colours in knit has made me realise they are no longer relevant and I don't feel inspired by them.


So I have made a new mood board, made up of scans of my development work from my sketch book and photos from my 100s&1000s experiments.
From this I painted out sections on a larger scale and then extracted 8 colours to make up my new palette. I then did some proportion yarn wrapping.


I'm not going to be too strict about keeping exactly to these colours, but I am definately alot happier with the over all feel and think this palette is alot more relevent to the direction of my project. This has also been a good example of problem solving and risk taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment