Wednesday 13 February 2013

Weave Workshop Week 3


My 3rd week weaving I felt has been really successful. I finished the whole 4 yards of warp and completed 16 samples. I worked through all of the patterns we were provided and had a go at creating my own. I enjoyed experimenting with colour texture and materials and feel like I really made the most of my time.

Here are a few of my favourite samples:

For this sample I used a range of cottons and wools in my selected colour palette and also incorporated strips of dried PVA glue mixed with 100s&1000s.

I used my sunset images as inspiration for this sample as I tried to give the effect of one colour blending into another.

Here I experimented with tecture and colour. I used stips of ironed receipts and grey angora wool which really contrasted with each other texturally and I added bright yellow cotton to contrast in colour.

In this sample I used nylon monofillament to give the clear qualities of my glue experiments. I found a silk nepp yarn that had little beads of colour spun into it which looked alot like 100s&1000s so used that in a few of my samples. There are also stips of ironed receipts.

I really enjoyed weave and will definately return to it in future units.

No comments:

Post a Comment