Wednesday 23 October 2013

21st October Tutorial - Pattern, Rhythm and Colour

 The drawing I have been doing is very rhythmic, and pattern focused. This was not a conscious decision, but I really enjoyed doing it. My work is inspired by my stitch research and ideas about use of line. I have also noticed a few colour palettes starting to form. Before my tutorial on Monday I was worried about the direction of my work. It felt as though it didn't really count as visual research ( I know this sounds silly) because it's all just pattern making. I was also concerned about not having a concept. But Fiona reassured me that if this is a style of working that comes naturally to me, them I should run with it. And my concept has been staring me in the face the whole time in the way I have been working. Rhythm!
I have always been quite a methodical person, and I remember as a child being fascinated with wall papers and carpets, and working out the pattern and finding the repeat. I still do this now. I want to explore this way of thinking and turn it into a process.



No comments:

Post a Comment