Tuesday 15 October 2013

Alex Da Corte

Alex De Corte uses objects founds in the dollar store in his sculptures. His work reminds me of a workshop we did in first year where we had to bring in multiples and could spend no more than £5. We then explored hand processes with the objects. I went to the pound shop to get the most out of my money and came out with five bags of makeup sponges. I really enjoyed playing around with the materials and taking the objects out of their expected contact. Alex De Corte does a similar thing in his work, and by using objects that are easily affordable, a wider range of people can relate to his work. He says “I am attracted to these items for their accessibility,” Mr. Da Corte I like this piece in particular as it has an embroidery feel to it. The wire grids act as a surface for the objects to be attached or stitched to.



http://beautifuldecay.com/2012/11/15/alex-da-cortes-dollar-store-art/

No comments:

Post a Comment