Tuesday 15 October 2013

What is stitch?

I began my stitch research last week. I am aiming to really push myself and the possibilities of stitch. By relating my research with my intentions project I hope to produce more exciting work than if I were to do separate technical file.
I was lucky enough to find a metal sheet filled with holes and a bunch of wires in a skip in front of uni. This has inspired me to find as many ways as possible to stitch without actually using a needle.
I like the idea of stitch connecting things. This can be linked with my building and hill top outline photos. The skyline could be seen as a stitch that links it all together. This could also be said for the sense of community found on many terrace streets in some parts of Manchester.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment