Tuesday 20 May 2014

Group Meeting 2nd May

I was a little nervous about this meeting. I wanted to bring up a few issues which is never fun, and because I didn't know the group member very well yet, I didn't want it to come across like I was criticising them. The main concerns were:
Identity- what is our colour palette, font, logo? Group members are getting on with with things which is great but we need to make sure our work all fits together so that it doesn't look like a load of separate projects.
Location- I looked at some blogs from students on college 3 last year and they had come up with potential locations and spaces for the festival to take place. Are we going to do this?

Annie and I discussed before hand what we were going to say, but again, I didn't want it to appear that we were ganging up on the other members. Only 5 of us turned up which was disappointing because I was hoping the people who were at the meeting the day before would be able to support what I was saying. It was difficult, and I definitely felt tension, but we will work through it. I suggested coming up with an inspiration board full of textures, colour, materials, images etc for us all to work from. We should have done this at the start but everything I know about a design project went out of the window with all the excitement and confusion of blue sky thinking. It will be good to share this process with the interactive arts students.
Location wise, the group seemed to be unsure of about whether we needed to come up with this, but I insisted we should at least think about it.
It's really hard to be assertive with out coming across bossy, but it has to be done to drive the project forward.
We also came up with using frames and filters to capture perspectives of the city. I love this idea, it will enable the festival goer to put their slant on the festival making it their experience and their city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment